March 26, 2017

Book Review: Veerappan: Chasing the Brigand by K. Vijay Kumar


K. Vijay Kumar is the officer who led the team that finally got Veerappan after decades of his eluding the law, seemingly at will. 'Chasing the Brigand' chronicles the rise of Veerappan, his decay (precipitated by a surprising action of poetic justice - him dyeing his moustache!) and his eventual downfall.

Written by a career IPS officer with no previous writing credentials, the book is surprisingly faultless. All I expected was an education on Veerappan, but I got a taut and thriller-like wonderfully enjoyable book in addition. I wish more ex-IPS/ IAS officers wrote books about their experiences - another relatively unknown book by an ex-IAS officer which I found really enjoyable was 'Making a Difference' (K. J. Alphons). 

Gripping thriller. One of those rare books that I could not put down!

No comments:

Post a Comment