September 6, 2015

Comparisons with the Meluha Guy (The Legend of Ramm Series)

I must say at the outset that I have not read the Ishvaku book - a book that will supplement Amish's Meluha royalties and sustain his great-great grandchildren. My version of the story does not start with or eventually merge into the Ramayana and is not a justification or rendition or version.

'The Great War of Hind' is my attempt to understand God and his designs on the world - why He did what He did. I had two epiphanies before I began writing the book - One, what will happen a thousand years later when archaeologists dig up Marvel's comics? Would they not think Aquaman or Spiderman were the Gods of our times? Now what if we were to extend this argument to all the mythological pieces we now... if everything that we have every been told was just a story.

Second, I like to think God despises and despised/ came to despise mankind. And so, I imagined our world thousands of years ago, where God tried to balance mankind off with demons (or animals as we know them today). Set in this mix, my story of Ramm and Hanohman and Rahvun developed slowly - known characters set in an unheard-of story.

Think of it as another episode of a childhood show, as another comic book starring your favorite childhood characters. The idea is not be in the Meluha guy's tail-wind : I wrote this book more than 2 years ago... That's how much us mere mortals sometimes need to wait to get published. (My awesome publisher had quite a backlog unfortunately.) So, I would possibly even pre-date the Ishvaku storyline.

Anyhow, it's a free country. Read what you please (ideally my book).

Or read them both and confirm my suspicions about my book being better.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment