December 9, 2013

Man with “RIP Mandela” tweet in his drafts folder for ten years finally manages to post it

Dedicated to all my friends who posted "RIP Mandela". Satire.

Delhi: Pappu Prasad, a shopkeeper in East Delhi, finally got to tweet something that had been languishing in his drafts folder for about ten years. Pappu tweeted “RIP Mandelaji… but Tendulkar is better” from his Twitter handle “@IamPappuPrasadNotRahulGandhi”.

“I wrote an RIP Mandela tweet ten years ago but as soon as I was about to send it out, news started filtering in that he was getting better,” the man said in an exclusive interview with this Faking News reporter. “Over the last few years, he has been going into hospital but getting better quickly and I could not post it.”

Expressing satisfaction over having made the tweet, Mr. Prasad said, “My Twitter feed is linked to my Facebook feed and the post got twenty five likes. I am so happy!”

When quizzed about how  Mandela had inspired him, he replied, “Arre kya yaar! He made that brilliant 400 not out. What an innings that was. He was almost as good as Tendulkar but bichara West Indies ke liye hee phaltoo mein khelta reh gaya.”

http://my.fakingnews.firstpost.com/2013/12/08/man-with-rip-mandela-tweet-in-his-drafts-folder-for-ten-years-finally-manages-to-post-it/

No comments:

Post a Comment