May 30, 2014

Book Review: Theodore Boone by John Grisham

John Grisham has the uncanny knack of writing both incredibly good books and incredibly pedestrian ones. Theodore Boone, sadly, like 'King of Torts' and 'Summons' is one of the incredibly pedestrian ones.

It took me a year to read this not very thick book, in which time I finished several other books. Considering the premise was an underage legal mastermind, I was expecting some on the lines of Artemis Fowl. But the book was so undercooked and the 'hero' so average, I regretted purchasing it for full price from an airport book store.

But I am still thankful for the book... for it has severed my chord with Grisham forever - I think. He did write my favorite book ever ('The Rainmaker') but if you are going to write something as pedestrian as Theodore Boone, you will lose the most loyal of fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment