December 19, 2010

My favorite feel-good review

This is one book that I have been waiting for long and have not been able to keep it away from my mind ever since I have heard about the same. This weird sounding book is one of the best my-college life-experience books that I have ever read. If you have ever been to a B-school, you can easily relate to the madness that is described in it. It is like the wet mud that reminds you of the beautiful days of the rat race.

The novel has beautifully captured the emotions of each milestone and integrated it with personalization of the cities. The entry to hell, CVs, lecture, break ups, hook ups, Placecom, recession, this book has colored every aspect of the MBA life. My favorite chapter is Joker & the Thief & the Night with the madness at its peak, it just reminds of that one incidence that happens in those two years which you love telling to the rest of the world describing your filmy – otherwise slogging – b school life.

At the end the book just left me thinking of HP, the guy that everyone wants to be in THAT moment of self realization but then abandons him for the fear of the social world around us. An awesome read for anyone and everyone who is or has ever been a student.

-Komal Deep Kaur

No comments:

Post a Comment